At times my fingers seemed to have a stubborn life of their own. Other times I felt that wonderful spark of happy I get when my music amuses me.
I know full well that this is a hobby. I'm not in this to make money or win fame. I just really enjoy it. It is a pleasurable activity which causes smiles.
Tonight I found myself out of practice, out of tune, out of new chords and without a recognizable key to sing in. But for a moment here and there I felt it. Like a car that aaaalmost turns over. One that just needs to be cranked a couple more times. One that will roar to a start and settle into a lovely purr on down the highway.
I feel excited again.
I feel like recording.
I even strung 3 chords together. I even improved lyrics for a song with my daughter. Its the closest I've been to new music in months. Maybe since December 31.
Yikes.
So I'm reinvigorated to record and finish some of those poor neglected half songs. I know I have said it before. But you know I'm supposed to be editing my book so maybe this is JUST the legitimate excuse I needed to put that off longer.
;)

No comments:
Post a Comment